Sydney, Australia – Kieron Pollard single-handedly pulled West Indies back from the brink of disaster with a brilliant century in the fourth One-Day International at Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday.
Sports News
Full list of squads for first round of R4D
ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – The West Indies Cricket Board advised on Friday of the list of squads submitted for the first round of matches in the Regional 4-Day Tournament.
Windwards defeated CCC by 1 Wicket
GROS ISLET, SAINT LUCIA – The students returned to Gros Islet on Thursday with recently good memories at this ground. It was right at the Beausejour Cricket Ground only a month ago in the Caribbean Twenty20 that the Combined Campuses & Colleges took some of Caribbean cricket’s big names to […]
Follow the West Indies Regional Super 50 and 4 day championship
click here for live video and audio of all the games
WICB announces live video streaming for Super50 and 4 Day tournaments
St John’s, Antigua – The West Indies Cricket Board today announced that it will provide, at no charge, live video streaming of the Super50 and 4 Day tournaments for the season which starts tomorrow, February 7th.
Darren Bravo scores career-best; says Windies can hold heads high
Canberra, Australia – Darren Bravo made the highest score of his limited-overs career on his 24th birthday, but ended on the losing side as the West Indies went under to Australia in the high-scoring third One-Day International on Wednesday.
Springer seeks to make Barbados strong again
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – Hendy Springer said Barbados will be looking to focus energy on upholding their rich heritage in the game during the Regional 4-Day and Super50 Tournaments.
Williams eyes more success for T&T
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – David Williams said he expected Trinidad & Tobago to use the confidence and momentum from winning the Caribbean Twenty20 Tournament last month to fuel further success in the Regional 4-Day and Super50 Tournaments.
Windies promise to “hit back hard” after opening defeat
Perth, Australia – West Indies got off to a bad start as they suffered a heavy defeat against Australia in the first encounter of their five-match One-Day International series at the WACA Ground.
Reifer aims to keep CCC a competitive force
CAVE HILL, Barbados – Floyd Reifer said the Combined Campuses & Colleges will look to remain a competitive side in the Regional 4-Day and Super50 Tournaments in the face of their obvious challenge of the revolving nature of their squad.
WICB President sends best wishes to Women in India and Men in Australia
St John’s, Antigua – President of the WICB, Dr Julian Hunte, has sent words of encouragement and well wishes to the two West Indies teams on duty on two continents across the world.
Campbell still upbeat despite heavy loss
MUMBAI, India – Sherwin Campbell said he was confident that West Indies Women’s would rebound from their heavy defeat in their opening match of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2013.
WICB announces 2013 window for CPL
St John’s, Antigua – The West Indies Cricket Board today announced the 2013 window for the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). The regional governing body announced that the inaugural season of the CPL will be played between July 29 and August 26 2013.
Powell makes cracking start in first “hit” Down Under
Canberra, Australia – The West Indies were made to work hard during their tour-opener in Australia, and feel they got “good value” out of their match against the Prime Minister’s XI on Tuesday.
WICB Board of Directors decisions from January 18 meeting
Gros Islet, St Lucia –The Board of Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board met in St Lucia at the weekend. Following are synopses of the more critical decisions taken and reports presented at the meeting.
